What was I Thinking?
Self-Publishing Assistance and Book Design
If you are looking for affordable Self-Publishing Assistance and Book Design, Hinterlands Press and Book Design is the place.
- The Ghost in the WordPress machine strikes again.A few days ago something happened. Or rather, stopped happening. No longer did emails announcing a new blog post arrive. After a lot of poking around the cause was found. Go to the upper right corner of WordPress and click on your profile picture. This will take you to a page called “My Profile.” On […]
- I give up. Stuck with WordPress Gutenberg Blocks.So what is my assessment of the Block Editor as it is in March of 2021? Today’s Block Editor seems less buggy but no less cumbersome to use. Over the past weeks I have duplicated the home page of Hinterlandspress.com using only the Block editor. The result was mostly successful and a close match. To give credit where it is due.
- Goodby Railroad Square CinemaThe RR2, like most movie houses, has been closed for a year now and Railroad Square intends to open for the Maine International Film Festival July 9-18, 2021 and remain open after the festival finishes. As it says on the Waterville Creates website, “Due to the current pandemic, all in-person programming has been suspended.” Because part of the plan (depending on fund raising) is to move the cinema to downtown Waterville, it may well be that Railroad Square Cinema will never reopen at its old building.
- Starlink offers what?I was excited about Starlink. Internet from space seems to be hugely kool. Very future. But my thought is that Starlink is currently too expensive. Not that hugely faster internet might be nice, but for most of us we may not see it as worth the price (or even see a difference much of the time).
- Maine Rocket LaunchThe Maine based company blueShift Aerospace launched it’s first rocket from the Loring Commerce Centre (former AFB). The third time was the charm as weather and temperature allowed the launch.