Let me help you self-publish your book
(And not get overcharged or locked into a bad deal)
Support and Training
- Help you to understand and navigate the complexities of the self-publishing industry.
- Help you get up to speed with what you need to know about editing and book design, including ISBNs, barcodes, printing, and your options for low-cost book design and formatting tools.
- Help you understand your printing and distribution options, including Amazon KDP, IngramSpark, Apple Books, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, and advantages / limitations of local printing.
- Personalized support for publishing your book.
Keeping Costs Down
- Low fixed price for services are made possible by focusing on standards compliant designs that will make your novel or poetry book look good.
- Affordable personalized training and support using Zoom and other remote support tools.
Page Layout Standard Designs
Creativity is a wonderful thing. But most book interiors look a lot alike from a design standpoint.
- Standards found in The Chicago Manual of Style dictate what a professionally designed book should have for style requirements.
- The fonts used in professionally typeset books tend to be in just a few font families.
- There are standards for the size and shape of books.
- If you stray too far from these standards, the book looks odd and unprofessional to readers.
No Surprises, Flat Rate Pricing
- Formatting for standard sizes offered by Amazon / IngramSpark for print on demand.
- Standard interior formatting including copyright, dedication, chapter page, and title page design.
- Choices of fonts and incidental graphics.
- Preview and Revisions.
In the end, what will it cost you to print your book?
Historically, self-publishing was limited to so-called vanity presses who charged the author for designing and printing the book. The price per book varied depending on how many books you had in a print run. Often, to get a good price per book, large print runs were required. But times changed rapidly with print-on-demand. Amazon and IngramSpark charge low or no setup fee and provide author copies at a fixed price per book regardless of how many or how few books you order.
You can estimate page layout charges using our standard Cost Estimates
Print on demand (POD) printing is done all in a single machine from a digital book design. The interior of a book is either color or not.
- A quality paperback with a black-and-white interior will cost approximately two cents a page to print.
- A quality paperback with a color interior will cost approximately eight cents a page to print.