The days of the high-priced web site and needing a full time web-master are pretty much over. Basic site hosting and much of site design have become quite affordable. Not quite as easy as some advertising might make it look, but adding and updating site content does not require skills much beyond basic word processing.
Just like working on your House or Car, the more you can do the less you have to pay someone to do. The WordPress ‘back end’ provides a stable, flexible, and low cost foundation for you site and makes adding content and updating existing content easy. The consulting and support time included in the Small Business or personal site price estimate should be sufficient to get your new site launched with a look you like and provide training and support time to get your initial pages, posts, and content added to your new site.
Where to start? First step is to for a free consultation and a ball-park estimate.
Small Business or personal site: $400
Initial cost of installing and customizing a WordPress backed web site for personal blog or small business.
- 1 URL annual registration
- 12 Months of web hosting
- Secure Sockets Layer SSL
- Daily off-site backup
- Initial web design and setup, including up to six hours of support and assistance learning to use WordPress.
- Installation and setup of WordPress web site back end.
- Assistance choosing and modifying WordPress Theme to meet your needs.
- Support and consulting time after the included six hours at $45 an hour (if you need it).
- Installing and configuring WordPress supporting software (plugins)
- Note – some Plugins have an extra annual cost which is not included in the package price.
- Ongoing annual cost: approximately $250.00
- Hosting,URL, and SSL annual registration
- Daily off-site Backup
- Regular monitoring, updating WordPress engine
- Updating plug-ins and core themes
- Two hours of support
If you are sure you need more than that ask for an estimate.
If your site needs extra resources, such as on-line purchasing or has a high volume of traffic (thousands a day), the site hosting cost may need to be higher.
- Get in touch for a free consultation and a ball-park estimate.
Personal Support and assistance
My pledge to my clients is that I will always charge reasonable prices for consulting and support. I will get to know your needs and provide real support and assistance. You will know the voice at the other end of the phone line.
About Domain Registration.
In the small business or personal site package it is assumed that the site will located on a shared server and the domain name will be assigned to Clif Graves Consulting as administrative contact. This helps to keep the costs down and makes monitoring and updating the site with security patches less time consuming. Should you want to move to a different host or no longer want my services, I will assist you in transferring the domain name.